Sooo….anybody wanna get married? I promise we can get it annulled soon as I get a slice of cake ;)
Who said I’d want it annulled? Can’t I have you and the cake? *grin*
Only if you and my sweetie duel. Sharpened giraffe femurs at twenty paces!
First and foremost, this not a ‘real’ recipe that I know of. It’s a bunch of things I know taste good together.
Second, I don’t do exact measurements when I cook, I just make shit up as I go so, good luck.
SPICY SENTIENT BEING MISO GO:
- Get an octopus. A baby one. Fuck octopi, thinking they’re better than us with their tentacles and huge brains and ability to predict football matches.
- If you don’t want to kill one, get it already dead at a grocery.
- Cut that octopus into bite sized morsels. That’ll show it who the intelligent one is.
- Make your miso. If you don’t know how, google it. This isn’t a “how to make miso soup” post. I prefer hatcho miso that isn’t made using barley during the fermentation process. IDGAF what kind of miso you use.
- You DO have a bottle of fish sauce, right? If not, go out and get some. If so, shake a bit of it into the miso. I don’t know how much. Some. Maybe 1-2 tsp? It’s really salty and fishy.
- What about sriracha? If you don’t have it, what the hell is wrong with you? Go and get some. Anyway, add that. Add a lot if you’re not a delicate flower. Add a little if you cry at the idea of spicy food.
- If you want to add green or white onions, go ahead.
- Garlic is good too.
- Boil everything, octopus included, for about 30 minutes.
- Make food chain jokes and intelligence jokes at the corpse of the octopus if you want. This is mostly to spite any vegans who claim they can ‘feel karmic energies’ or some other new age bullshit.
- Test one of the thicker pieces of octopus after 30 minutes. If it’s still tough, keep boiling in 15 minute increments until it isn’t.
- I add shrimp after about 30 minutes because shrimp is delicious. If you add shrimp, be sure not to add pre-cooked or it will just turn to shrimp shaped rubber. If using pre-cooked, add it in at the last minute or two.
- When using raw shrimp, make sure it’s peeled. Shells are gross.
- Enjoy a spicy, tentacle-filled bowl of soup.
I think I’ll have to try this at some point